15 Express Lanes Project Overview Video
The Riverside County Transportation Commission (RCTC) and its project partners, the California Department of Transportation and the Federal Highway Administration, are investing $471 million to improve Interstate 15.
The project will add two express lanes to I-15 in both directions, from Cajalco Road to State Route 60, widen bridges and add soundwalls. This design-build project will be built within the existing median and offer multiple entry and exit points to the express lanes.
- Improve existing and future mobility along the I-15 corridor
- Reduce congestion and improve traffic operations
- Provide a time-saving travel choice with multiple entry / exit points
- Expand the tolled express lane network
- Increase travel time reliability
RCTC is proceeding with a design-build process to expedite delivery of the project and minimize construction costs.
Design-Build Contract Awarded: April 2017
Pre-Construction Activities: Current
Construction in the Median: Spring 2018
Express Lanes Open to Motorists: 2020