The Riverside County Transportation Commission (RCTC), and its project partners, California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) and Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) are investing $471 million to improve I-15 between Cajalco Road and State Route 60 (SR-60). The project adds two tolled express lanes in each direction along I-15 between Cajalco Road and I-15 / SR-60 interchange near the Riverside County Line, and includes bridge widenings and additional soundwalls. Through RCTC’s ongoing commitment to provide innovative and sustainable solutions, this project allows drivers to enter and exit the tolled lanes at multiple locations throughout the project corridor and includes forward-thinking construction methods.
- Improve existing and future mobility along the I-15 corridor
- Reduce congestion and improve traffic operations
- Provide a time-saving travel choice with multiple entry / exit points
- Expand the tolled express lane network
- Increase travel time reliability
RCTC is proceeding with a design-build process to expedite delivery of the project and minimize construction costs.
Design-Build Contract Awarded April 2017
Construction Begins 2018
Express Lanes Open to Motorists 2020